May I operate a business out of my home?

If the business type qualifies as a conditional use for the zoning classification of your residence, you can submit an application packet for a conditional use permit. That is a non-transferable permit which will allow a specific use at your property. The Planning and Zoning Commission hears permit requests. For more information about conditional uses, click here.

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a building permit?
2. Do I need a permit to construct fences or driveways?
3. I want to move inside City limits; can I bring my farm animals?
4. How can I found out the zoning of a property?
5. Do I need a permit for a storage shed?
Yes. Approval of a permit from Zoning is required prior to construction or installation of an accessory structure, including sheds, gazebos, swimming pools, detached garages, etc. Standards for maximum allowable lot coverage, building setbacks and maximum height depend on the zoning designation of the property. Contact City Hall prior to construction.
6. May I operate a business out of my home?