Contact Fire Chief Jeff Hardin at MHFD Station 1 to discuss volunteer opportunities and pick up a volunteer application. In order to be a member of the McRae-Helena Firefighters Association, you must meet the following requirements:
- Pass a physical agility test
- Pass a criminal background check
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have a physical from a physician to be cleared to be a firefighter
- Must not have a felony on your record in the last ten years
You will also be required to complete minimum training requirements which include Firefighter 1, First Responder, Crash Victim Extrication, Hazardous Materials Core, and Rescue Specialist. These classes will be offered in house at our agency or we will assist you in finding a class to attend.