The Code Enforcement division oversees a variety of technical duties in support of the City’s Code of Ordinances especially in manners pertaining to property maintenance and safe building practices. The division monitors and enforces a variety of applicable codes, ordinances, and regulations related to zoning, land use and soil conservation, construction (commercial and residential) permits, nuisances, blight, property maintenance concerns, health and safety hazards, and other matters of public concern. This division can provide information on City regulations to property owners, residents, businesses, the general public, and other City departments and divisions.
The City adheres to the state minimum Construction Codes as outlined by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs. These include, but are not limited to, the 2012 ICC (I) Codes with all Georgia DCA amendments:
- 2012 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2012 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2102 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- 2012 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
- National Electric Code (NEC)
- International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- International Fire Code (IFC)
- International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC)
The City will comply with all future updates as recommended by the State of Georgia.